Healthy, Attainable and Feel good. That’s the description for this Green Salad recipe with Balsamic Vinaigrette. I have taken this Salad to multiple gatherings and it is always loved by everyone.
The Salad features Spinach but you can totally use Kale instead, Strawberries, Queso Fresco cheese crumbles and all of this tossed in a simple Sweet and Salty dressing.
The Salad itself is very simple and can be made in the summer or winter if Strawberries are available in winter where you live.
The ingredients you will need:
For the Salad:
Spinach - Need the greens
Strawberries - Juicy and colorful
Queso Fresco Cheese - Lightly salty soft cheese. Easy to crumble and honestly my favorite.
Cranberries - Famous for its tangy flavor
Nuts (optional) -Omit if you are dealing with Nut allergy. You could use Walnuts or Pecans
Flax seeds (optional)
For the dressing
Salt and Pepper
Step by step instruction for Green Salad with amazing Balsamic Vinaigrette:
Toast the Pepitas if using them and keep aside.
Make the dressing by mixing Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Dijon Mustard. Mix vigorously or use blender. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Keep aside.
Wash and wipe Strawberries with a clean cloth. Cut Strawberries into small pieces. Make sure they are not too small.
Place the Spinach in a large serving bowl.
Top with Strawberries, Cranberries, cheese and Pepitas/Nuts/Flax seeds.
Drizzle the salad with dressing just enough to lightly coat the Salad once tossed.
You may not need all of the dressing. The dressing can be refrigerated if there is any leftover. Bring it to room temperature and mix again before using again. This is really my go to dressing.
This is my favorite salad to serve when there are a lot of heavier main dishes. You could pair it with
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup or some Vegetarian Bolognese or simpler even readymade Pizza.
To make a light lunch, pair it with Beet soup or some creamy Chickpea soup
Make it Vegan: omit the Cheese
Some notes while making Green salad with Strawberry:
Spinach wilts very quickly after you toss it with dressing. Keep the dressing separate until you are ready to serve.
If you have to mix the Salad with dressing beforehand, consider using Kale. Kale doesn’t wilt as quickly as Spinach.
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a five star rating – it helps other people find it.
Green Salad with Strawberry and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 5 Cups Spinach
- 15 Strawberries about one box with some leftovers
- ½ block Queso Fresco Cheese Refrigerate other half and use within a day or two
- ½ Cup Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. Nuts optional ½ cup
- 1 Tbsp. Flax seeds optional
- 1 Tbsp. Pepitas optional
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper per taste
- Toast the Pepitas if using them and keep aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Dijon Mustard.
- Mix vigorously or use blender. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Keep aside.
- Cut Strawberries into thin pieces.
- Place the Spinach in a large serving bowl.
- Top with Strawberries, Cranberries.
- Drizzle the salad with dressing just enough to lightly coat the Salad once tossed.
- Top with crumbled cheese and Pepitas/Nuts/Flax seeds.