Who wants to immediately bite into this delectable Gluten free Cranberry filled Cake with crunchy Pistachios for company?
Some flavor combinations never leave you. Cranberries and Pistachio is definitely one of them. Cranberries have some tartness and Pistachios have the crunch with nutty buttery flavor. When you combine these two and add some Sugar for sweetness, nothing can beat it.
Cranberry pistachio Cake Recipe Ingredients:
Flours - Brown rice flour, Almond Meal - If you are not making this Gluten free, use All purpose flour
Corn starch and Baking soda
Sugar - For the Sweetness
Orange Zest and Lemon Zest - To bring out the flavors
Applesauce and Canola Oil - For melt in your mouth moist cake
Vanilla extract - Flavor
Cranberries - dried and chopped - for the Tartness that balances out the sweetness
Pistachios - make sure these are shelled. Chop one half and keep the other half as whole. If possible buy pre-shelled Pistachios as these take too long to shell
Instructions to make the Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the Bundt Pan generously.
In a bowl, mix the flours with baking soda and Cornstarch. Add 1 teaspoon of salt if desired.
In a separate bowl, rub Orange zest, lemon zest and sugar together so the sugar becomes fragrant. Add Eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla and whisk together with Sugar.
In a stand mixer first mix the dry ingredients and then add Wet ingredients to mix properly. Take out the bowl and add pistachios and cranberries.
Pour the batter evenly in a Bundt pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
Variations: You could add Pecans or Cashews instead of Pistachios but Pistachios taste the best.
Some other recipes for you to try:
Persian Love Cake
Cranberry Pistachio Cake
- Stand Mixer, Bundt pan, Oven
- 1 Cup Brown rice flour 1 cup
- ½ Cup Almond meal ½ cup
- ¼ Cup Corn starch ¼ cup
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ½ tsp
- 1 Cup Sugar 1 cup
- Orange Zest of 1 large orange
- Lemon Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Cranberries Dried chopped
- 1 Cup Pistachios shelled some chopped and some whole
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- Heat the oven at 350 degrees. Spray Bundt pan with oil.
- Mix Rice Flour, Almond Meal, baking soda and Cornstarch. Add 1 teaspoon of salt if desired.
- In a separate bowl, rub Orange zest, lemon zest and sugar together so the sugar becomes fragrant. Add Eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla and whisk together.
- In a stand mixer, add the dry ingredients first and while on slow speed, add wet ingredients slowly. Let it mix for 3 minutes or so.
- Take out the bowl and add pistachios and cranberries.
- Pour the batter in a Bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.